Gran Turismo returns with the most realistic and complete racing experience. An unprecedented collection of over 1,000 meticulously detailed cars, complete with robust online racing and community features, and just about every style of racing imaginable – all in Gran Turismo’s signature cutting-edge graphics.
The Real Driving Simulator is Here
True to its pedigree, Gran Turismo 5 takes the GT series, as well as the simulation racing genre as a whole, to a whole new level. The game features over 1,000 realistically rendered cars. This is nearly 300 more than were included in GT4 for PlayStation 2, and literally several hundred more than what was available in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, the first GT game variation developed for PS3. This tremendous list includes standard categories of vehicles, including stock cars, tuned pre tuned vehicles and tunables, but keeping with modern automotive technology GT5 also includes the latest, hybrid and electric car models. Just like any car, these can be raced, but as with their real-life cousins, players can also do things with these cars like monitor battery power as related to speed and other car usage. In addition, GT 5 features over 20 courses, more than 60 variations, a new physics engine allowing for realistic damage, a new in-cockpit view, HD support, and much more.
Multiple Play Modes
Local play options in Gran Turismo 5 include both a single player and split screen two-player arcade mode. GT Mode includes world map, my garage for storing your rides, car dealer, tuning shop, championship race, and license test. Online support through the PlayStation Network includes multiplayer support for up to 16-player races, an open lobby, text/voice chat, private room, online photo album, online replay album, and the ability to export replays to YouTube.
Key Game Features
- 1,000 Vehicles – 170 Premium new models, including hybrids and EVs, and 830 kinds of standard models similar to those seen in previous games.
- Plenty of Courses – Rip it up in more than 20 courses, more than 60 layouts.
- New Physics – The in-game physics system simulation is brand new to the series, and allows for greater realism and damage.
- Arcade Mode – Allows for single race functionality and 2-player battle.
- GT Mode Features – World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Car Washes/Oil Change, Race Championship (Series system, point system), License Test.
- Online Features – 16-player support, Open Lobby, Text / Voice Chat, Private rooms, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, YouTube replay output.
- Photo Mode – Photo Drive and Photo stage.
- Gran Turismo TV – Video output to a PSP or PSP Go, Progressive Download, Improved user interface, continuous play for videos.
- Sound Features – Custom soundtracks pulled from your PS3 hard-drive; Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1.